User Experience Insight Sensors Integration
The integration of User Experience Insight (UXI) sensors in Aruba Central enables monitoring the network health of a site from end-user perspective, as seen by the UXI sensors deployed in a site. Once integrated with Aruba Central, the high-level summary of UXI sensor alerts are displayed in the UXI field of the Network Health card in Map view.
UXI Field in Network Health Card
The UXI field in the Network Health card displays the top alert coming from UXI sensors at a site. This information is displayed when there is at least one UXI sensor deployed in the site. Ensure that the UXI sensor is connected to an AP or an SSID broadcasted by the AP in the site.
To display the UXI field of the Network Health card in the Network Health dashboard, complete the following steps:
- Ensure that the AP that connects to the UXI sensor is mapped to a site in Aruba Central. To create sites, see Managing Sites.
- Generate an API token and enable UXI integration in Aruba Central. For more information, see UXI Sensors Integration in Aruba Central.
- Configure UXI integration using the generated API token in UXI Dashboard. For more information, see Aruba Central Integration in UXI Dashboard.
Clicking on the UXI field leads to the UXI Dashboard for further troubleshooting. The following image displays the Network Health card for a test site called San Diego. The highlighted part of the Network Health card displays the UXI field.
For more information about each field in the Network health card, see Network Health Dashboard.
The UXI integration with Aruba Central is achieved through APIs to monitor end-user experience at a given site.
To generate an API token and enable UXI integration, complete the following steps:
- Log in to Aruba Central.
- In the , navigate to API Gateway > System Apps & Tokens.
- Click the + Add Apps and Tokens.
- Configure the name of the application that will use the new token in the Application Name field of the New Token table.
- Click the Applications drop-down and select Network Operations in the New Token table.
- Click Generate.
- When the token is generated, make a note of the displayed Client ID and Client Secret.
The Client ID and Client Secret are required for Aruba Central integration in the UXI dashboard.
- Click Download Token to save the token in JSON file format.
- Navigate to > API Gateway > APIs.
- Make a note of the URL listed under Documentation Column.
The URL is required for Aruba Central integration in the UXI dashboard.
To configure UXI integration using the generated API token, complete the following steps:
- Log in to UXI dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings > Account > Integrations.
- Click Link Central Account.
- Configure the following parameters with information generated from Aruba Central:
a. Central Client ID—Configure the Client ID generated from Aruba Central.
b. Cluster URL—Configure the API URL collected from Aruba Central.
c. Secret—Configure the Client Secret generated from Aruba Central.
d. Token—Upload the JSON file downloaded from Aruba Central.
- Click Add.
When the Aruba Central integration is completed, the UXI field of the Network Health card is displayed in the Map view of the Network Health dashboard, within the range of 5-10 minutes. Clicking the UXI field redirects you to the UXI dashboard for further troubleshooting.